Statement of Rental Criteria:
Rental Partners is committed to supporting the Fair Housing Act, prohibiting discrimination based on race, religion, color, sex, national origin, handicap or familiar status. The following qualification standards will be required from every prospective resident.
Number of Occupants:
Each occupant of any apartment shall be named on the lease. All occupants over the age of 18 will submit an application and must meet all criteria specified for the primary applicant. The maximum allowable occupants per unit is 2 individuals per bedroom.
Your rental application may be declined due to the negative public record and/or multiple collections that have not been satisfied within 24 months. Applicants may be declined based on vendor risk sources that do not meet the scoring policy of 620 or higher. Negative credit history is described as including, but not limited to, any of the following items.
- Any Evictions, Either For Monetary Or Non-Monetary Reasons From Any Residential Real Estate
- An Involuntary Repossession Of Material Or Personal Property
- Any Pending Lawsuits
- Any Bankruptcy Not Discharged
- Any Checks That Have Been Returned And Are Under Collection For Non-Payment
- Any Demonstrated History Of Late Or Delinquent Payments Or Outstanding Balance
- Any Landlord Or Property Management Company With A Balance Greater Than $1.00
The absence of a credit file shall not adversely affect any applicant; however, the applicant maybe required to either pay a higher security deposit and/or be asked to provide a qualified lease guarantor. A lease guarantor must exhibit credit worthiness and the ability to satisfy the rental obligation in the event of default.
The total monthly household income must be three times the monthly applicable rent. All applicants will be required to provide written proof that substantiates their income. Such proof will include written verification from employers and/or other income.
Applicant(s) must be currently employed at least one (1) year or show a history of dependable employment with successive increase in each job move.
Any negative rental history can disqualify any prospective resident’s application. In the event that the application is declined due to negative rental history, a lease guarantor and/or a higher security deposit may be required. Negative rental history is described as including, but not limited to any one of the following:
- Any Documented Breach Of The Lease Agreement Unless Documentation Of Proven Negligence On The Part Of The Management And/Or Owner(S) Of The Property Is Provided. Breach Of The Lease Is Defined As Any Monetary Or Non-Monetary Violation Of The Lease Agreement.
- Any Late Rental Payments In The Past Twelve (12) Months, NSF Checks And/Or Any Rental Related Debt Outstanding, Including Payment Agreements And/Or Judgements.
If You Are Related By Blood Or Marriage To One Of The Previous Landlords Listed Or Your Rental History Does Not Include A Minimum Of Two (2) Previous Years, We Will Require A Qualified Lease Guarantor For Your Rental Agreement.
Criminal Background Check:
A rental application may be declined if you have have been convicted for:
1. Any violent felony
2. Any non-violent felony within the preceding 5 years
Other Criminal history/issues:
4. Active warrants
5. Sexual offender/predator registry requirement
Rental Partners will examine each application in regards to the type of crime, severity of the crime and remoteness in time of the conviction…should any conviction be found.
- Payment must be made before credit/background check begins.
- Application fee is $55 per applicant. If a lease guarantor is required for application approval, there is also a $55 application fee.
- A complete application: One application for each adult (18 years or older) must be completed. If a line is left blank, or an omission explained satisfactorily, we will return the application to you.
- Two pieces of ID: We require a photo ID (driver’s license or other government issued photo ID card) and a second piece of ID. Both are to be presented with a completed application.
- A binder deposit is required at the time an application is submitted. The amount of the deposit will vary from residence to residence but is typically equal to the first month’s rent. If you withdraw your application within 24 hours, your binder deposit will be refunded less the application/screening fees. If you withdraw your application after 24 hours, you will forfeit the entire binder deposit given.
- The full security deposit is required at the time the application is submitted. The amount of the security deposit will vary from residence to residence.
- Pets must be approved by management.
- We will accept the first qualified applicant. Our company policy is to screen the applications in the order that they are received in the office. In no instance will a second applicant be screened until a decision has been determined on the first applicant.
- Depending on the property, Section 8 housing vouchers may be honored.